Monday, December 20, 2010

I tried!!!

This morning we were headed out to see Conductor Jack at the library with our friends Kenna and Kyrien.  As I pulled out of the driveway I could tell I had a flat.  Change of plans!  We stayed home and had fun playing outside and I have to admit the boys needed some fresh air so it wasn't all bad.
After I got the boys down for naps I decided I would change my tire so we could get it fixed this afternoon.  I have always known where my spare tire was located but have NEVER known how to get it out from underneath the car.  I crawled around for a couple minutes looking to see if I could see a release lever or something but didn't have any luck and didn't want to spend any more time on the cold driveway either.  I gave up and went inside and then thought.... Hey wait a minute!  I'm a smart person and I can read the owner's manual and figure this thing out.  So that's what I did.  Thank goodness I was able to do this in the daylight IN my own driveway!  Got my tire changed- feeling very triumphant I must confess- and was lowering the jack when I realized, to my dismay, that my spare is flat, too.
At this moment I am eating chocolate and trying not to have a tantrum.  I have way too much I need to get done to be stymied by a tire!

4 comments:

  1. Oh no!! That is bummer Melissa! Do you want us to come take you somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never mind the crappy outcome--I'm very impressed that you were able to get it detached and changed! I'm DYING at your face in that photo!
    -Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the offer, Karen! We ended up having a nice quiet afternoon and I'll just have to be really organized the rest of the week to get errands done.
    V- I have NO idea where they boys get their pouty fussy faces. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No! I have been there, and it is no fun. The first time I got a flat, my spare was low also. I had just enough air to wobble an eighth of a mile down the road to a Firestone. It's so easy to forget to check the level on the spare every so often.

    No wait, that's the second time I got a flat. The first time was that night I was on my way to your apartment. Mark and Zane and another of your friends were kind enough to change it for me. How could I have let that night slip my mind? :)

    ReplyDelete