Thursday, April 7, 2011

leave it be?

Sometimes the things my kids say are just too stinkin' cute and I don't want to correct them and teach them the right way to speak.
For instance, L says, "Who's that?"  instead of "what's that?"  So some typical questions from him are: "Who's that, an airplane, mommy?"  "Who's that, ear wax, mommy?"  "Who's that booger on my finger, mommy?"  Obviously you can tell he's a two year old boy with those questions!

E says, "Noise asleep" instead of "sound asleep," which I think is absolutely adorable and a little confusing, too!  He also says he is going to "scissor" the paper instead of "cut" the paper.

Oh, I almost forgot one.  L says he wants to go to "Bounce Me!" instead of "Bounce U!"  Too funny.  "Prease go Bounce Me, mommy?  Prease?"

I could just gobble them up!  I think I'm feeling just how fleeting my time with them is since E starts Kindergarten in August- I am looking at them through fresh eyes and cherishing my days with them.  Why is it we have to realize what we will be missing in order to enjoy what we have?  Dunno, but I probably won't be feeling the same way after a summer of no preschool!
The armor of God attacking an alien (or as E calls them, "Indians")!

No comments:

Post a Comment