Monday, October 11, 2010

becoming my mother

So here I am in my early thirties acting like my middle-aged mother.  I love her to pieces but couldn't I have waited till I was middle-aged to start acting middle-aged?  I run down a list of children's names (and dogs I had when I was a child) before I say the right one, I'm eating strange concoctions of bacon grease, potatoes and green beans, I redecorate everyone's house in my head while I sit by trying to listen to conversation, and I constantly say the wrong words!  I was talking to Ezra a couple days ago and happened to look at the grocery list while I was speaking.  Instead of saying, "after lunch we'll go outside."  I said, "after lunch, we'll go chocolates."  Seriously??  The conclusion I have come to is that I may need medication.  And wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment