Thursday, November 11, 2010

on my mind

a death, a family crisis and a strange post on facebook.  I feel like an old computer with gears churning as it tries to process all the information and emotion coming at it.
Yesterday one of Mark's friends died after falling off his hunting stand.  He and his wife had 2 young kids and one on the way.  I am heart sick for a family I have never met... for the children who won't see their daddy again till they are all in heaven...so sad for their baby who will never meet his daddy at all....and sad for the wife who has just had the rug yanked out from under her.  I could see the grief in Mark's face and knew he needed to be with us.  To cherish the time he has been gifted and yet he couldn't stay home.  A brother in need- A family crisis- a sinful allegation that could ruin a family.  The power of words is boggling my mind.  Personal vendettas disregarding truth is boggling my mind.  The precarious footing we all have in life is boggling my mind and then today there this post on someone's facebook  God wants you to know... that it's a sin to miss an opportunity to bless and to praise another being. When you see another doing something wonderful, or simply being breathtaking, come out of your shell and let them know how inspiring they are. Yes, even if it's a total stranger. 
 It's a sin?  Really?  So, in the midst of turmoil, focusing on God and walking in relationship with God I can be sinning by not praising someone or something?  I admit I'm not the best at knowing scripture so if there is scripture to back this up, will someone please share it with me?  Otherwise, I believe this is an unnecessary burden to put on people.

1 comment:

  1. I'm interested to hear if anyone tells you of an actual scripture that backs this up. It doesn't sound like the God that I know...
    Praying for your family and for Mark's friend's family. What an awful tragedy. Would you like to get together this week? E-mail me!

    ReplyDelete