Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Spam and Anchovies

So, I stared a cooking club.  I've been wanting to be in something like this for years but no invitations have been delivered on a crystal tray by an old English butler so instead of feeling like the last kid picked for the dodgeball team I actually started a team myself.  Ha!  Take that team captains!
Anyway, the name says it all.  The Spam and Anchovies Cooking Club.  We are a group of women who have a great sense of humor towards life, enjoy good company and good food.  I'm actually feeling intrigued by the challenge of finding a way to use both spam and anchovies in a delightful and delicious way.  Good luck, right! The only exposure I've ever had to anchovies was as a child when my dad would twist the crank to roll back the lid of the can and there would be a row of little glazed eyes staring at me.  I don't eat things with eyes -glazed or un- especially if they are staring at me.  My mom got some kind of sea creature on a train once and I threw up because it was looking at me.  I may have also had some motion sickness but I blame it on the eyes.



So, go enjoy your evening snack.  IF you can now that you've feasted your eyes on this little treat!  Me, I may have lost my appetite for the Haagen Dazs waiting for me in the freezer.  the eyes get me every time.

1 comment:

  1. mmmm anchovy eyes.... My mom used to make spam and broccoli casserole. And I ate it after a two day fast in Yosemite. It was fried up and tasty after not eating for two days. :)

    ReplyDelete