So, I have this idea of the kind of mom I want to be and I fail miserably ever day to live up to my ideal! I have images of a calm smiling me whose children are sweet and obedient and we all laugh and have a wonderful time together. Hmmm....It actually sounds creepy, doesn't it?
Our reality is a
little a lot different! In fact, a fly on the wall would think I was completely insane. For instance, this morning the little fly perched on the wall would have heard me say, "Lincoln, if you hit me or Ezra again with that sword I will tear it into tiny pieces and throw it away!" Could I have just said I'll throw it away? Certainly, but I don't....I add the crazy! My philosophy -if I'm embracing the reality instead of my creepy ideal- is that perhaps a mom who's a little insane is healthy for my kids. Right? :) We'll see. They can decide with their counselor in 15 years if my philosophy worked or not.
We have good moments and frustrating moments- as I'm sure everyone does!
Funny moment:
I took Lincoln to the grocery store and he kept running past me and hollering, "Pass!!" as he raced down the aisle.
Frustrating moment for the boys:
I had them help me wash dishes. Lincoln just rubbed the spatulas together and Ezra complained that it was really hard work. I'm such a tyrant!
Things that amaze me:
My 2 yr old eats more pizza than me!
They have no qualms about leaping off the bed onto a pile of blankets and pillows. Well, I guess it is pretty fun....
Don't feel bad. We all say crazy things sometimes. If we didn't, we'd all eventually be put away when we finally snap!
ReplyDelete