I have decided that parenting would be a lot easier if I just didn't care.
If I didn't care about a ToDo list then I wouldn't care if laundry piled up and my kids wore dirty clothes. I certainly wouldn't care if there were pee splatters on the toilet and I for SURE wouldn't care if dirty dishes piled in the sink! I could just play with my kids all day if I didn't care about taking care of our home.
If I didn't care about my boys' behavior then I wouldn't care if they started fighting the second I turn my back. I wouldn't care if they threw fits at the store because they NEED that candy! It seems that EVERY single store insists on making us stand next to stacks of junk while we wait to check out...thanks a lot for that. I wouldn't care if they ran around while I tried to shop and I certainly wouldn't care if they crawled under jewelry display cases, right? I for SURE wouldn't care about the annoyed, fed up, looks I get from other shoppers as the boys get in everyone's way and sound like a pack of wolves.
If I didn't care how much tv they watch then we would never argue about turning it off. If I didn't care how much time they spend playing computer games then we would never argue about turning that off, either! Right?
If I didn't care about their diet then they would have corn dogs and sprite at every meal and I would never have to endure meals where they whine and gripe with every bite.
If I didn't care that they know how to treat other people then we would never have to insist on them sharing and being kind. I certainly wouldn't care if they hit me and yelled at me and I for SURE wouldn't care if they did that to each other.
It seems that if I just didn't care then things would be easier. I haven't quite figured out how to NOT care, though.
Well said, my friend. And, your caring is what is making a difference! Love you! - Kenna :)
ReplyDelete