I wrote a poem while I was at the retreat and I am really hoping it is the first in a series. The beginning of a journey that started with the realization of where I was and where I want to go. Isn't that how most journeys start? Only, I didn't really realize where I was....
Gather Me Up
My soul is a dry parched land
and my mind is a shattered piece of glass
I cough out the dust
and kick the broken shards to the sky
Oh Lord, Gather me up
Oh Lord, fill my spirit
Oh Lord, Gather me up
Oh Lord, Quench my thirsty soul
My feet won't move toward you
and my hands are fists swinging wide
I scream out your name in pain
and cry out for healing rains
Oh Lord, Gather me up
Oh Lord, quench my thirsty soul
Oh Lord, Gather me up!
2011-Melissa Duckworth
There is no resolution yet. There is only a picture of a desperate thirsty soul. My prayer is that every day "Christ be in my waking, as the sun is rising, in my day of working, with me every hour." Surround me with the Life giving Water, Oh Lord. Quench my spirit.

No comments:
Post a Comment